Once your program begins to scale up, you may want a more efficient way to pay your affiliates. With PayPal Mass Pay and Rewardful, you can pay up to 5000 affiliates at one time.
There's a little bit of setup required to enable this on your account the first time (they want to verify it's used in appropriate ways as you can send a lot of money to tons of recipients very quickly).
To apply for the Mass Payouts, you’ll need to have a verified PayPal Business account.
Once your account has met the above criteria, you can then apply for the Mass Payouts service by following either process below.
- Click Pay & Get Paid at the top of the page.
- Under "Make Payments," click Payouts.
- Tell us about your business by answering the 4 questions.
- Click Submit.
- Log in to https://developer.paypal.com, if you don’t have an account, create one by using your paypal.com account credentials.
- Click Log into Dashboard in the top-right corner.
- Click My Account on the left.
- Scroll down to 'Payouts' and click Enable.
Please allow up to 72 hours for your application to be reviewed.
Additional information regarding PayPal Payouts:
- You can pay recipients in 24 major currencies.
- Online payments are usually processed within minutes. Sometimes, it can take up to 24 hours.
- There’s no fee for the recipient, while the sender pays a small transaction fee.
- An insufficient PayPal account balance will cause your Payouts to fail.
- You can’t use a debit or credit card to fund your Payouts.
- Individual payments can’t exceed $20,000.00 USD or the equivalent in local currency.
Payouts is a feature that isn’t available to all PayPal accounts. It can only be used by accounts that qualify by completing verification and approval steps.